Translate

Who ya gonna blog ....

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Quantum Celebration Station

Quantum Celebration Station
Bike to Work Week 2012

Oak Bay Celebration Station outside City Hall
Two, count them, TWO Celebration Stations today! One at Camosun College, on the way to work, and the second one at Oak Bay Municipal Hall, on the way home! Entered draws for both, but .... seems my luck so far is limited to the Bright Orange Tide shirt I won on Monday on our own Bike to Work Team at UVIC! Ah, but I entered a draw for an expensive bike, so I am sure to win that ....... unless Swirly wins it ahead of me, ala the iPad Incident a couple of years ago! SAUCE! He wouldn't even sell it to Can of Good Goodies either! And we offered up to $25 for it!!!!!

Oak Bay Celebration Station outside City Hall
A bit damp this year, which might reduce the numbers of new cyclists, but as any daily cyclist knows, Victoria is NOT a rainy city! Drizzle sometimes, but consistently the best weather in CANADA for cycling! Even in winter, I have cycled to my favourite coffe café in town, Caffé Misto!

Snow Biking to Caffé Misto on Foul Bay Road


Survivor Victoria: Snowy Bike Riding!
OBLIGATORY
CAT
PHOTOGRAPH!

Locks and Roses
Mister's Meadow and Mansion
Yes, here is Mister in his very own neighbourhood, also known as Mister's Meadow! Beware the Wild Lions of Oak Bay! They are only line of defence against marauding deer!

And one rose that I am really waiting to see bloom, is positioned right near a very old gate lock, and I like the juxtaposition of the two, for some reason. I have no idea why, but I like the symmetry. Hoping for different shots throughout the week now.


Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call… everybody lives. 
                      -River Song, Forest of the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?