Translate

Who ya gonna blog ....

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Quantum Honeybees & Dragon Plants

This crazy garden is going ... crazy with stuff! All kinds of flowers, growth and bees and wasps and roses and you name it! My neighbour, Carole, identified the flower to the right as an Algerian Lilly. I had no idea there were Lilies in Algeria!

Blue Geraniums and a Honeybee!
I actually thought they were weeds, initially!
Algerian Lilly
Honeybee and Blue Geranium
Most of the photos below are guesses, especially the  ones with bugs in them! Bright sun, lots of  honeybees, lots of wasps, and I am trying to buzz them with a camera! I think they would probably call me Buzzarazzi, trying to get them in a photo!

I keep pestering that same Honeybee!
And the Blue Geraniums, I thought they were weeds, and I was pulling them up, until Carole said ...no! At least, I can tell what a Rose is ... in theory!

Wild Cactus of Oak Bay
This is actually pretty cool! The lone cactus (I think!) in the backyard, and also a Science Experiment! Apparently, you can 'pluck' the small ones, furthest away from 'The Mother Plant', i.e. the biggest one, and re-plant them! So I am trying that in a couple of places. I like the rusting watering can too!

Mister's Meadow and Daisy
I actually like this photo best, more for the out-of-focus background, with the wheelbarrow behind the daisy. total guess work, just bending down with bad knees, and pointing it roughly at the daisy! This is in 'Mister's Meadow', which I don't garden in at all! Other than take out a few obvious ugly weeds, and the expired bluebells, I like to leave it as wild as Mister himself!




Dragon Plant of Oak Bay
The Dragon Plant is something ELSE! This thing careened over WHILE it was growing and is basically, a huge purple SPIKE! Actually, I am not really sure it IS a Dragon Plant, but I think it is. If it isn't, it SHOULD be! Really cool plant!






 







Ladybug on a White Rose
And how cool is finding a ladybug on a white rose! Look closely, you can see the ladybug .... somewhere!



Rose and Sea Shells
Potentially Carnivorous Plant
I have no idea what these little pink and white flowers are! Things just pop up and display themselves! If I knew what I was doing, then I would probably know what these are! Best not know. They might be ... carnivorous!


And I just like the contrast in texture between the pink rose, and the stucco-ish stuff on the outside of the house. Look closely, it is made of seashells. Listen closely and you can hear the ocean...... which is just a couple of blocks away!

Lilly the Quantum Kitty   
And finally, the rarest Lilly of them all..... LILLY CAT! Her meadow is inside! She is an Indoor Kitty. Mister is the Outdoor Kitty. If they were Quantum Particles, then Lilly is Matter and Mister is Anti-Matter. Both are quirky, and have spin in all directions. Both are positive and negative at the same time, and I am uncertain as to what box they want to sleep in. Chaos. Basically...Chaos! Not a theory, a reality!

 “Give a monkey control of its environment, and it will fill the world with bananas.”
     – Second Doctor Who
       Patrick Troughton






.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think?